Our Kids

The youth we serve come from a vast array of diverse backgrounds. Typically they are between the ages of 12 and 21—most have been neglected, and many have been abused. They are usually in the child welfare system, however, some come to us as runaways and are not yet in “the system.” Some run away from abusive families; some have parents who are drug addicted or incarcerated; some are in trouble with drugs or the law so their parents kick them out; and some are simply turned out by families who can’t afford to feed and clothe them.

We also have programs aimed at pre-teens whom we are trying to mentor to keep out of the system. And we care for babies and toddlers who belong to our young mother by providing them with a safe, nurturing home – either in one of our group homes or with an approved family in the community.


     In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
 Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html , and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: program.intake@usda.gov.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Crossroads Programs